I have tried, I really have to like them but to no avail. I think the reason I don't like them is because after being with the kids and my wonderful husband all weekend, I really hate to see them all go on Monday and the house seems too quiet. Oh well, what can you do, the kids have to go to school the, Chris has to go to work and Monday has to come so I guess I better learn to love it cause it keeps on coming. :)
Things have been going good lately, almost too good. Chris and I were able to get away 2 weeks ago for the church's marriage retreat. We had a wonderful time, we usually do, which at times I have such a hard time wrapping my brain around. In all my past I can never really remember enjoying a man's company as much as I do his. He makes me laugh, he makes me cry (in a good way), he challenges me. I love that about him. Our retreat's curriculum this year was titled "Love and Respect" awesome, awesome stuff. I actually had one of those great "aha" moments. I found that I had been punishing my husband for things that in all honesty were my doing. I was being disrespectful and in turn his reaction was to be distant and the more he became distant the more disrespectful I would become. We were on the "crazy cycle". I am happy to now have that knowledge and to hopefully not jump back on that cycle again but if we do then maybe for not so long.
I just found out Friday that next year's retreat is scheduled for January, so that means that we get another weekend all alone in less than a year...woohoo!!! I think we need them twice a year personally. Every couple needs time away just to reconnect, it totally renews and rejuvenates the spirit and allows you to remember what it was like when you were dating.
I am still on the weight loss wagon, I am doing good (or at least I think I am) and let's be honest that is all that really matters. I have gone down 1 pant size in my jeans and in my shirts I actually bought a shirt out of the regular women's department...now mind you it was a t-shirt but it was still a small victory for me. I have about 10 more days till I go weigh again but I did weigh out at my sister's a couple of weeks ago and according to her scales I had lost another 5 pounds but as scales go they differ from one to the other. I actually am finding it easier to resist certain things, I have been working way too hard to mess up and I am loving how I am feeling. I never realized how bad the wrong foods can make you feel. I now realize how much of a mind over matter deal it really is. They say it takes 21 days to make a new habit, I honestly believe that now. As I sit here and type this, there are a dozen doughnuts sitting out on my kitchen table, do I want to eat one....kinda...will I...NO!! Because now instead of not caring what goes in my mouth or if I am even hungry, I say....do I really need that?? Surprisingly, the answer is no more often than not. So, if nothing else changes besides that....then I have made progress.
Well I have rambled on long enough, probably wouldn't do that if I blogged more often. :) Until next time...think twice before you grab that doughnut....a moment on the lips....forever on the hips.
No comments:
Post a Comment