Ok, so the weather is great here in TN, although the pollen counts have been just crazy high. The air quality has been described as hazardous or very unhealthy...you don't say?? Oh that would explain why I can't breathe, my eyes just take to itching and watering at any given time or my nose takes on a life of it's own. What can you do though, just buy tissues and try to keep up. :)
I didn't go weigh last week like I said I would, I am going tomorrow. I totally chickened out, I mean I know that I have lost more weight, I just am so flipping scared to step on those stupid scales. It scares me almost as much as thinking about having to get naked or speak in public...almost sends me into a panic attack. Ok, just breathe, in...and out....in and out....ok much better now.
So let me tell you about the most stupid thing I have done lately, so last week at my allergy dr's office, I always take the elevator up the 4 flights of stairs. So as I am walking in and going down the hall toward the elevator I see the door to the stairwell....and I think...you know what, I am going to run those stairs today....I know, those ideas that sound so much better in your head, so I opened that door and hit it....I ran up the stairs....all 4 flights. I got to the top and mind you I was breathing like I had just ran a marathon, well it sorta was if you think about it, for me at least. I go and grab the door knob and ......it is locked....WHAT??? I am screaming in my head because it is at this point that I realize I now have to run back down the stairs....LOL, ok so off I went. By the time I got to the bottom my legs were feeling like I had exchanged the muscles in for water. So then I rode the elevator up and finished my appointment, went and visited with a friend and then went had lunch with my sweetie and then had some extra time before I had to pick up Kylie from school. So I go home and since we have a 2 story house, I open the door and start up and then is when my thigh and calf muscles decided that they would show me who was boss....I was afraid I wasn't going to make it up my 15 steps. It was then that I started thinking that maybe living in the basement wouldn't be such a bad thing, I mean, there is no bathroom or anything down there but using a toilet is overrated anyway....right?? It was also at this point that I began wondering how much it would cost to have an elevator installed in my house.
Oh it was painful.....but guess what?? That was nothing compared to how my calves felt the next morning...they hurt to even touch them....and when I say touch them I mean, even them touching the couch was painful....LOL...that will show me. Baby steps Karen, baby steps, well that is what I was doing for the next few days, but also to realize that although I may be feeling better since I have been eating right and exercising, that these poor muscles haven't been worked that hard in a very long time and if I want to keep them I have to be nice to them. :)
Until next time, be kind....take the elevator!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment