Monday, March 31, 2008

Difficult time

Gosh, I have been racking my brain all weekend trying to think about something to blog about and have come up with.......are you ready......nothing..nada. I got nothing. So here goes the ramblings.

You may or may not know but I homeschool 2 of our kids. This was my first year and it started off great, everyone was all excited, everyone was willing to work for it, but here we are almost at the end and just like in regular school everyone is ready to start slacking off and there is no motivation. Our daughter's kindergarten graduation cap and gown has been ordered, the date is set and I feel like we are going to be working into the summer to finish. Probably not, but that is how it feels. Our son is so far behind, now he may be working into the summer. I find it hard to keep everyone on task and focused at times, even myself. I go back and forth, I would like to go back to work, I miss making money and helping out with the finance, if we run short on something I immediately start thinking, well if I was working we might be better off. Those kinds of thoughts will really do a number on your mental psyche. I know that our son is going to go to high school next year so I don't have to put him into the equation as far as making the decision about homeschooling, but I still have to consider our daughter. She is so smart and so sweet and so precocious, I want her to have all the advantages of school and get everything she can from it, but I also want her to not be slighted in the least and this is where the problem comes in. I doubt my own ability to do what is best for her. Oh well, another thing that I am going to have to pray about and seek advice.

Well our graduation for the first part of our weight loss series was this past Thursday night, I couldn't make it, I was sick for a few days but I have spoken to people that went and they said it was good. We got our certificates for completing the first leg of the journey. My sister and niece are going to join us this time so that should be fun. Hubby starts playing softball again soon, he played last year and I just have to say, watching him get out there and play.....wow...kinda had me crushing on him all the time. So needless to say I am looking forward to watching and cheering for him again. So it seems like the spring and summer months may be busy ones for us but they are always fun.

Until next time.....be sweet and go eat some apples!!!

No comments: