Monday, March 24, 2008

Well that went fast!!

I can't believe that just 10 weeks ago we started the first round of the Wellness Steps, it seems like it just flew by. It has been an experience that is for sure. I have had ups and downs, emotional events that I just knew would send me over the eating edge....but suprisingly.....it didn't. I have a great support team by my side.

We (entire family and I) have already decided that we are going to sign up again to do the next 10 weeks of the program. I know me...if I don't have someone to hold me accountable, I won't do it. The exercise has been challenging, as you may have noticed reading my blogs so far, but I have to say, it wasn't that bad that I just said....Hey, I am not doing this. I kinda look forward to it and .....yes I am about to say something crazy here....the pain afterwards. It lets me know that I am doing it right and that I am using muscles that haven't seen day light in quite a while. I have noticed my arms getting more tone to them, my clothes fit differently, although the total weight loss number isn't that great, 9.5 lbs, I did lose 4.5 inches from my stomach. WOOHOO!!!!

I know that I have a long way to go, but for the first time in my life I actually feel like I am in control of this and not the food for once. I have always let it be the controlling factor in my life but the minute I said "God, I am going to need your help for this, to get healthy, I tried on my own and failed, now I need you" It was as if the Lord said...well it's about time girl.

I acutally wore a dress to church on Sunday that I hadn't been able to fit into in quite a while and it felt great, now mind you, the dress was very old fashioned and on the way home I told my hubby, I feel so old in this dress and probably will not wear it again, but still I got into it!!! Now I just have to work on the junk in my trunk and start getting it to disappear. It has made enough of an appearance in my life and needs to go. It needs to hit the bricks!!!!

Oh well till next time....be sweet and stay away from the chips!!!!

No comments: