Well as of yesterday, I guess you could say I am educated in the way of nutrition, who are we kidding, even the nutritionist are not educated. I went to the mandatory nutritional class on Saturday for the wellness program that I am beginning. It was very informative and actually very enlightening. I learned that you must, must must eat at least three meals a day plus snacks. I am thinking this is gonna be good, I can still eat. Then they say the dreaded words that no overweight person wants to hear........no chips, no sugar, no chocolate......are you kidding me, what is left.
Then the nerve of these people, they tell us we must eat our veggies, have they been talking to my mom. I learned that as a child, hey maybe mom did know something. You can bet I won't be telling her she was right anytime soon. Drink lots of water..ok, this was the formula, take your weight, divide it in half and that is what you should be drinking in ounces. WHAT?????I could probably drown in those kinds of numbers.
So today, the first day of our program, I got up ate my bowl of no flavor Cheerios, ate my banana and drunk the first bottle of water. Ok, only like 14 more bottles to go. I then take my snack, 1 granola bar, and bottle of water to church. I drink half of my second bottle and then it hits me......what goes in, must come out. So it would appear that the bathroom is going to be my new best friend. I didn't get to eat my snack until after church, best thing I had ever put in my mouth, hubby was eating his snack of peanut butter crackers, I was like a dog when I smelled that peanut butter, nose up in the air.....YUMMY!! Came home, ate my delicious meal of double cheeseburger and fries or at least that was what I was imagining my turkey sandwich to be and the carrot sticks needed to be deep fried.
So here I am on day one, already telling myself, maybe fat isn't so bad!!!!!
I am off to drink more water, and get my life preserver!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment