Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Oh my goodness!!

Well the first exercise class was last night....I went. I stubbed my toe yesterday and told hubby that because of my injury I wasn't going to be able to go to class. Well you guessed it, he didn't buy it. I took my daughter to ballet last night and then went and picked up the "warden" (hubby) and off we go to class. The parking lot is full, enough reason to go home right, can't find a parking spot? There are probably 50 people in the gym, some getting ready to work out some ending their workout and cooling down. Then the instrustor tells us, just start walking to warm up, now keep in mind this is just a normal size gym, well you get like 50 people walking a circle, around and around and around, of course I am getting lapped by people younger than me and the part that really stunk was.....I was getting lapped by old people. But at least I am there doing it right, don't I get some kind of credit for that?? I realized really quickly that I had the wrong shoes on, my shins were burning like they were on fire. Someone get a fire hose. How long is this torture going to last, I finally took my shoes off and walked barefooted, much better.

Then we take our positions for the workout with the bands and the stretching, after about 5 minutes, this ceases to be fun anymore, it was work. I did well with all the band work and then this wicked woman said the dreaded words, we are now going to do squats. Oh crap, this is going to get hard now. She gives the demonstration for the squat, the proper way to do it so it won't be painful, it took me all of about 5 to realize that no matter how proper you do them....they hurt. She says, now don't stick your booty out, just squat like you are sitting in a chair.......now people I have been getting in and out of chairs for all of 37 years and have never felt pain like I felt last night. Since when do we sit down with our legs spread wide open, no one does this, unless you are Brittany Spears or Lindsey Lohan wanting to show off your newest pair of panties or lack there of, this is just now how you sit down or get up.

Then she sends us to walking again, this one wasn't so bad because I started this time with no shoes, so it didn't feel like I needed ice for my shins.
Fast Forward to this morning.........

OOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!!! My thighs hurt so badly this morning, I am afraid to move.....wait I should just drink more water, that seems to be the cure all for everything.

Well in other good news, the weigh in is tomorrow night, I think I need to go stock up on laxatives and things to make me throw up all day.

Well tune in tomorrow for the latest on my weigh in, I swear if I havent' lost any weight, someone is going to get hurt tomorrow and I won't be held responsible for my actions. :)

1 comment:

What you talkin bout willis? said...

HAHA...You did great last night! This post actually made me laugh out loud to myself.