Gosh, that is all I can say about this week, it has been a roller coaster ride. Monday was good, Tuesday was the exercise class and they tried yet once again to kick our butts, we held strong though. I have had a little extra motivation this week as well, my darling daughter who is 5 and going on 30 started telling me on Monday that she wanted me to lose 5 pounds this week, I was like, well honey, I will try but to lose that much is really tough. Especially seeing how I gained 2 pounds last week, I do have an excuse though, Ladies you will understand when I say.....PMS Week. I rest my case. So then on Wednesday morning we got some devastating news, our dear friend Carol passed away, she had been in the hospital for about a week and was in alot of pain and the dr's still couldn't determine what was going on, they first thought hepatitis and then a blocked small intestine duct and then eventually said that more testing was going to be done, mean while she continued to decline and on Wednesday morning the Lord decided it was time for her to stop suffering and took her home. My mind says that she is better off, but my heart still hurts for this beautiful, wonderful, strong woman. I will miss her smiling face and big warm heart.
You know they say that when things happen that shake you to your core you start to reevaluate and it is true, the small little piddly things just are not worth the time and energy it takes to take you away from your focus. God has a plan for all of our lives and the Devil tries so hard to throw us the proverbial curve ball, trying to get us off that purpose, but it is then that we have to stand up stronger and declare, I will not be moved, I will not be shaken.
Anyway, back to the week, Thursday was weigh in day, I stood up on the scales and guess what.....5 pounds. I was like ok, I have a new motivator, my daughter, I am going to let her kick my butt into losing this weight, just kidding, no kid needs that kind of pressure. But it was still cool to see her face light up when I told her I had done the 5 pounds, she was very happy for me.
After a very rough weekend and even rougher last half of the week, I am hoping that this next week will promise to be a better one, I don't know how much more emotional stuff I can take, but that is when the Lord says that he will come alongside us, never giving us more that we can handle as long as we have him.
Until next week, be blessed and go hug someone you love and tell them what they mean to you as we never know what tomorrow holds....
No comments:
Post a Comment