COME ON!!! I can't believe it is already July. This year is officially half over, have you started your Christmas shopping yet?? Not me, I wait till the very last minute almost, although I have to say I am not nearly as bad as my dear sweet husband. He likes to wait to Christmas Eve to go shopping, give me a break, I would rather shoot myself in the foot than to do that. Less painful, I am sure.
Well I am almost 2 weeks post-op and really starting to feel better, I am moving around alot better now and not in pain hardly at all, except for the occasional back spasm. Don't really know what that is all about?? I was starting to think I had made a huge mistake by getting the surgery done, last week I was hurting all the time and not feeling good at all. Glad that has gotten better.
I have to say though, I have not only fallen off the proverbial weight loss wagon, I think I have fallen under it and been run over a couple of times. I have totally been eating the wrong stuff lately. Shame, shame, shame, I know, I don't need you to tell me. :(
I found out recently that they are going to be starting a new weight loss program in August, so I am all on board for that one and I will be all medically released by then and good to go.
So here is the drama that I have been living in, when I decided to have my surgery I decided not to say anything to my mother about it. Now, before you say "oh no" and start clucking your tongue at me, let me explain. We don't exactly see eye to eye on things, well a lot of things to be honest and I knew that if I told her she would want to come down to the hospital. That is the last thing I wanted or needed, so I thought why not just wait till afterwards and tell her and just let her know that I did not want her to worry or anything....sounded like a good plan....until my sister's mother in law ran into my mom in the store and mentioned it, the day after my surgery. Well you can guess the scene she pitched....oh, but not to me. My sister called me and let me know what had happened to which I tried to call and explain and she wouldn't take my call. Oh well, what can you do. So then about 5 days later she calls and says...are you ready for this...."I don't mind telling you, you really hurt me" WHAT THE CRAP!!! I hurt her, are you kidding me, she is going to come at me with that?? This is the same woman that put me through hell my entire life and now into my adult life, wants to tell me that I hurt her!! Give me a break!!
Ok, I am off that soap box, for now. Trust me there will be other days that I can rant and rave about this person. I am so sick of trying to please my parents that I am done trying, that's right, you heard it here first. I am done trying. They can kiss my big toe!! Well now that I said that, you know what I am going to do right?? You guessed it, I will continue to check my spine at the door anytime I am around them.
Until next time...be sweet and take it easy on the fireworks...not everyone likes them!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment